Monday, July 02, 2007

Communicating with Existing Customers

“Communicating with Existing Customers” by Tom Nardacci

My plumber is a great marketer. The company has great branding, great colors, and most importantly fantastic customer service. I don’t mind paying a little bit more for the peace of mind to know I have professional help when I need it. I received a newsletter a few months back from them with tips about what should be checked, cleaned and looked after at this time of year. It offered some tips about late spring thawing and water management issues like wet basements. I read it cover to cover and enjoyed it.

I also recently received a newsletter from my accountant. The newsletter included many pre-written articles. I glanced at it and while it may not have been as memorable to me as the plumbing tips, it had the same impact. I appreciated the mail and the effort that went into it at a time of year when I am not calling on them.

Communicating with existing customers in a positive, consistent way is a good strategy to retain and maintain loyal customers and clients. Even if the publication isn’t read cover to cover, customers/clients take note that you reached out to them. Just don’t bombard them relentlessly with unsolicited mail and e-mails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home